Do you want to make an easy homemade face moisturizer which is non-greasy and feels very light on the skin? With no coconut oil added? Then here it is.
This moisturizer is very easy to make and feels great on the skin.
You will need a double boiler, storage containers, a jar, and a spatula to make this lotion.
If you do not have a double boiler, you can use a hot water bath instead. To make a hot water bath, you will need two pans: one small and one bigger. Put some water in a bigger pan and put in on the heat. Put the required ingredients in a smaller bowl and put it inside the bigger bowl making sure the water does not get inside the small bowl.
You will not need any emulsifiers in this recipe, because lanolin used in this recipe acts as an emulsifier on its own.
Easy Homemade Face Moisturizer (Non-greasy, Very Light, No Coconut oil, No Beeswax)
- 1 cup of Sterilized Water
- 1/4 cup of Pure Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Lanolin
- 1/4 cup of Pure Apricot Kernel Oil
- 1 tsp Germaben Liquid Preservative
How to make an easy homemade face moisturizer:
- Melt the sweet almond oil with lanolin in a double boiler.
- When both the ingredients melt, pour in the sterilized water. Mix and take off the mixture from the stove and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- After the mixture cools down, add in the apricot oil and stir well. Add the Germaben Liquid Preservative.
- When everything is properly mixed, pour your lotion into a jar or bottle of your choice. Seal it with an airtight cap and label it.
Your homemade face and body moisturizer is ready. You can massage it on your body and face after the shower or cleansing to get a silky velvety skin.
Keep your lotion in a cool, dry and dark place.