Are you looking for the best body lotion for dry skin in winter season? The winter season can be harsh on the skin leaving the skin dry, scaly and parched. You can use this homemade body lotion for winter season so your skin can get its share of moisture and nutrients.
This is a fantastic recipe of a homemade body lotion that will nourish the skin keeping it healthy and glowing even during cold dry seasons.
Required tools to make this homemade body lotion for winter season
You will need:
If you don’t have a double boiler you can use a water bath using two pots (one larger one smaller).
Homemade Body Lotion for Winter Season (Moisturizing, Nourishing)
- 1 cup of Distilled Water
- 4 Tablespoons of Beeswax pastilles
- 4 teaspoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup of Pure Olive Oil
- Tea tree essential oil (or any other)
- 1 tsp Germaben II Liquid Preservative
How to make this homemade body lotion for winter season:
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler. Stir with a spatula to make it smooth.
- When the beeswax has melted, add in the coconut oil and mix well.
- Warm the olive oil in a water bath until it becomes lukewarm. Add the lukewarm olive oil to the beeswax mixture. (Adding cold olive oil to it will make the beeswax hard.)
- Whisk the mixture until it has a smooth consistency. After everything is blended well, take them off the stove.
- Drizzle water in the beeswax mixture. Then, take a stick blender and blend the mixture slowly on a low setting for about 2-3 minutes till it becomes slightly thick.
- After the mixture is blended, let it cool.
- When the mixture has cooled, you can add in the essential oil of your choice. Then add the Liquid Preservative. Mix.
- Pour the lotion in a clean glass jar or PET plastic jar. Close the jar with an airtight lid.
Your DIY body lotion for winter is ready! Apply your lotion on your skin at least twice a day during the cold weather and you will never have a cracked skin again.