Disclaimer: The information in this post is based on my research and is not intended to cure, prevent, or diagnose any disease. Families of children or adults with cerebral palsy should discuss all therapies with their doctor.
What is Cerebral Palsy?
Cerebral Palsy is abnormal development or damage to the motor area of the brain’s outer layer which is responsible for muscle movement. This causes problems with movements and posture. People with CP may also have communication issues, impaired vision or hearing.
Some CP Symptoms:
- lack of muscle coordination
- stiff or tight muscles
- weakness in one or more arm or leg
- floppy muscle tone
- motor skills delay
- difficulty in writing or buttoning a shirt.
Possible causes of Cerebral palsy
CP may begin before, during, after birth, or in the first months or years of life.
Some causes of CP:
- Genetic abnormalities
- Congenital brain malformations
- Maternal infections or fevers
- Fetal injury
- Fetal stroke – bleeding in the brain from blocked or broken blood vessels
- Severe lack of oxygen in the brain due to the stress of labor and delivery
- Brain infections (meningitis, viral encephalitis)
- Problems with blood flow to the brain
- Head injury
- Severe, untreated jaundice in babies can damage brain cells causing CP and/or deafness
Risk factors during pregnancy
Risk factors during pregnancy (more likely to have a child with CP):
- Twins, triplets
- Infection during pregnancy – rubella, herpes, toxoplasmosis, cytomegalovirus, etc.
- Blood type incompatibility – Rh incompatibility
- Exposure of mothers to toxic substances like mercury, or others.
- Mothers with thyroid abnormalities
- Mothers with excess protein in the urine
- Mothers with intellectual disability, and/or seizures
“Researchers at the CDC report that administration of magnesium sulfate to pregnant women prior to giving birth reduces the incidence of cerebral palsy and mental retardation among very-low-birth-weight infants. The study involved over 1000 very low- birth-weight infants born live in the Atlanta region between April 1986 – March 1988. The researchers found out that babies born to mothers who had been given magnesium sulfate for pregnancy complications were 10 times less likely to be born with cerebral palsy and more than three times less likely to be born with mental retardation than were babies born to mothers who had not been given magnesium sulfate prior to giving birth. The researchers conclude that giving magnesium sulfate to all mothers in danger of delivering a very low-birth-weight infant might prevent 63% of all cases of cerebral palsy and 49% of all cases of mental retardation in low-birth-weight babies. They caution though that some women may have contraindications to magnesium sulfate therapy.” Source
Early detection of cerebral palsy is important
CP is a brain injury which occurs before, during or shortly after birth. However, it is not usually diagnosed until after age 2. If the affected baby starts a therapy during his first 0-2 years of life, he/she may improve or recover the function that was lost.
Alternative therapies for Cerebral Palsy
Alternative therapies have not been approved by the FDA:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (not helpful if the child has a spastic condition)
- Special clothing that is worn during resistance exercise training
- Certain forms of electrical stimulation
- Assisting children in completing certain motions several times a day
- Specialized learning strategies
- Dietary supplements and herbal products
- Stem cell therapy. Scientists are hoping that stem cells may be able to repair damaged nerves and brain tissues. However, the research is only in the early stages.
Dr.Ted’s remedies for CP
Most children with cerebral palsy have a condition of hyperammonemia, a condition where the blood has excessive levels of ammonia. The urine of these children smells pretty bad – it has an ammonia smell. So, this is a very important clue, at the very least toward recovery.
A brain can not heal itself if it is bathed in toxic biochemical wastes, and ammonia prevents a brain cell from recovery if ammonia is found excessive.
Therefore, reduce the ammonia first.
Ammonia’s pH is very alkaline and one major indicator is to monitor the urine smell. If the urine has no smell then the child can eventually recover from his condition. The child will experience the most dramatic recovery and improvement in the first three weeks once the ammonia is removed from his system.
The best remedy to neutralize alkaline ammonia is a magnesium chloride solution. Its pH is slightly acidic, just enough to neutralize the alkaline ammonia. Magnesium chloride is also neuroprotective.
Dr.Ted from Bangkok, Thailand: “The general method of approach for cerebral palsy is often to normalize electrolytes first, in particular, is the sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Magnesium is peculiarly important. Alkalizing the brain is an important part as this is how the brain heals and regenerate itself. When this is added with methylene blue and some ribose sugar after a small amount of chelation of heavy metals. Usually, the brain will regenerate. It is important that the blood cells do not stick to each other and hence amino acid such as serine, and ornithine appears promising amino acid. Usually, cells regenerate itself when there is sufficient electrical potential being build up, as in exercise and vibrational therapy as in whole body vibration. Electrolytes are one mentioned but the electrical potential is also created through electrical charge differences between the body and the stomach and this can also be measured using Dr. Robert Becker’s method of measuring electrical potential differences. Stem cells can be created with just a proper mix of colloidal silver and colloidal gold also. That’s where Dr. Robert Becker discovered stem cells on people on bone fractures after a silver laced bandages were placed. Sea salt may also create some electrical potential differences more so than common table salt. When the brain is more alkalized there is more oxygen into the brain. DMSO may reach parts of the brain that’s inaccessible, but a milder therapy that can be taken at larger dose includes MSM. Certain nutrients essential are taurine, possibly glutamine, vitamin B complex, some vitamin C and fish oil.
Exercise is helpful such as swimming and certain exercise so that the brain much like a person who had to walk again needs to practice after a brain concussion. The approach would be similar.” Dr.Ted’s email: email@example.com
Dr.Ted’s Treatment plan
Stage 1: Detox from Ammonia (1 week)
Stage 1a: Detox from ammonia
- Magnesium chloride solution – 2-3 drops three times a day (70% Mag.Chloride powder + 30% distilled water)
- HCl (Hydrochloric acid) – concentrated HCE – 1 drop per glass (optional)
Stop using HCl when ammonia is under control.
End of week 1:
- Add B complex – B-50 once a day – grind 1/2 tablet and put in juice
- Vit C – 100 mg per glass – once a day with juice
Stage 1b: Balancing (optional)
- Methylene blue – 1 drop (0.1%)
Stage 2: Circulation (3-4 weeks)
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar (week 1 of stage 2)
- DMSO 1 drop in fruit juices (with Mag.Chloride) (week 2-3 of the 3rd week of remedy)
- 1/16 tsp Potassium Citrate (in a juice)- 3 times a day
- 1/16 tsp Sodium Citrate (in a juice) – 3 times a day
- EDTA 10-20mg once a day, give briefly near the end of stage 2 (disodium EDTA, PH buffered or a tetrasodium EDTA, magnesium EDTA, but never use calcium EDTA). EDTA removes calcium blockage – add to a juice along with Mag.chloride and DMSO once a day.
- Magnesium Chloride 2-3 drops 3x day
- B -50 1 x day
- Vit C
Stage 3: Rebuilding of brain cells (3 months)
- Hydergine – once every 2-3 days – dissolve in fruit juices and use a straw – the dose is calculated per weight
- Nootropil – once every 2-3 days
- Lithium Carbonate 1-2 mg (based on the weight, not the elemental lithium calculation) per dose – helps neural growth
To reduce spastic condition:
- Glycine (dimethylglycine and trimethylglycine) – 100-250 mg (higher or lower depending on the spastic condition). Takes 10-20 minutes to see the effect after taking.
Notes on Dr.Ted’s treatment plan
How to prepare Magnesium chloride solution:
- Dissolve 7-8 parts of Magnesium chloride powder with 2-3 parts of distilled or reverse osmosis water (in 8:2 or 7:3 proportion)
- The taste is not great, so mix in fruit juices like grape juice, apple juice or others. Dilute the juice with mineral water, so that the blood sugar does not spike (1 part juice + 1 part mineral water, or 1 part juice + 2 parts mineral water).
Ammonia and body growth problems:
- Vitamin B complex will increase a child’s appetite and the body will begin to grow. However, this doesn’t happen if the ammonia is present. Magnesium chloride will remove the ammonia.
“Calcium blockage” in the brain:
- Brain cells that are damaged can’t access the nutrients and oxygen because some circulation was blocked. Fruit juice and magnesium chloride stage will remove most of the calcium blockage. Further, it is restored using DMSO. During the 3rd week, we add one drop of DMSO added to fruit juices together with Magnesium chloride, once the ammonia is gone. If the body is high in ammonia, DMSO may cause further damage. When the urine no longer smells ammonia, then DMSO can be started which usually occurs during 2nd or 3rd week. In this phase, mental function improvement will be seen. DMSO aids in mental recovery. More about DMSO here: “DMSO: Safety, Handling, Recipes”