Liver pancakes is a great way to feed picky eaters who refuse the liver in other forms. I have a recipe for perfect liver and onions, which I’ve been using for a few years (which is in my blog also). However, today I wanted to experiment by making something different. I was really hesitant and really didn’t want to waste the food because if the liver comes out dry and rubbery, no one will eat it including me. But, nope. Liver pancakes turned out perfect! Sharing the recipe below.
You can use lamb’s liver, chicken liver, or beef liver to make these liver pancakes. I used lamb’s liver.
You can serve these liver pancakes with rice, mashed potatoes, or any side dish of your choice. Mix sour cream with greens and salt to make a sauce for the pancakes.
LIVER PANCAKES – soft, tender, and delicious!
- Liver (Lamb, chicken, or beef liver) – 400 gr (14 oz)
- Carrot – 60 gr (2 oz)
- Onion – 60 gr (2 oz)
- 1 Egg
- Organic all-purpose flour – 3 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Parsley – 3-4 sprigs (optional)
- Himalayan Sea Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Oil for cooking (avocado oil, ghee, coconut oil)
How to make liver pancakes or cutlets:
- Mince the carrot, onion, and liver using a meat grinder. Add the spices, egg, pressed garlic. Mix. Add the flour and mix again.
- If you have no meat grinder but have a food processor, then process the carrot until fine. Then add the onion. Scrape the sides and process again until very fine. Add liver chunks. Process. Add the spices, egg, pressed garlic. Add flour. Mix.
- Preheat a skillet. Add some oil.
- Spoon the batter into the skillet. Cook the pancakes for 1 minute each side on a medium, or medium-low heat.
- Serve with sour cream, pair with rice, mashed potatoes, or any side dish of your choice.
Also, check out this awesome recipe:
Best Liver and Onions in 10 Minutes without Flour & No soaking! – organicbiomama