This is a traditional greek salad recipe with the addition of lettuce. If you really want a real classic greek salad, omit the lettuce. If you want a delicious salad, then add the lettuce back:-) Jokes aside, I can’t imagine this salad without lettuce. I wouldn’t make it at all without lettuce. I don’t know how real Greeks like this salad, but the below recipe is guaranteed delicious. Also, some extra greens won’t harm us definitely.
GREEK SALAD RECIPE with Lettuce
- Extra-virgin Olive oil – 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice (fresh) – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Dried Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Himalayan Sea Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Freshly ground Organic Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Green chili pepper – 1/2 piece
- Feta cheese – 4 oz (120 gr)
- Olives with no pits – 16 pieces
- Lettuce – 1 head
How to make a greek salad:
- Soak the 1/4 onion in water for 10 minutes to remove the bitterness. Optional.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, chopped garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper in a small jar. Cover the lid and shake.
- Chop the vegetables and greens in a cube shape.
- Carefully mix chopped vegetables and olive oil mixture.
- Sprinkle with some freshly ground black pepper on the top.
More salad recipes: HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES