If you love Greek salad, then you’ll enjoy this delicious recipe that adds lettuce to the classic mix of ingredients. Although traditionally made without lettuce, I find that it adds a great touch to the dish. Plus, it’s an easy way to add some extra greens to your diet!
Greek Salad Recipe with Lettuce
- Extra-virgin Olive oil – 3 Tbsp
- Lemon juice (fresh) – 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Dried Oregano – 1/2 tsp
- Sea Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Freshly ground Organic Black Pepper – 1/4 tsp
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/2 Cucumber
- Green chili pepper – 1/2 piece
- Feta cheese – 4 oz (120 gr)
- Olives with no pits – 16 pieces
- Lettuce – 1 head
How to make a Greek salad:
- In a small jar, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Cover with a lid and shake well.
- Cube the tomatoes, cucumber, and lettuce. Soak the red onion in water for 10 minutes (optional) to remove bitterness.
- Combine the chopped vegetables and lettuce with the olive oil mixture in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the crumbled feta cheese and olives and mix again.
- Sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top and serve chilled.
Enjoy this delicious and refreshing Greek salad with your favorite main course or as a light meal on its own. It’s perfect for warm summer days!
More salad recipes: HEALTHY SALAD RECIPES