This is the best chicken noodle soup with homemade egg noodles I have ever tried. Such a simple recipe, but the taste cannot be conveyed in words. This chicken soup is delicious with homemade egg noodles, which are made with eggs and salt only! Such noodles are much tastier than store-bought noodles, and besides, they do not swell up in the soup. Just the perfect recipe that I am sure you will love too!
BEST CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP WITH EGG NOODLES (Recipe from Scratch)
- Chicken breast fillet – 500 gr
- 1 Red carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Potato
- Ghee or butter – 70 gr
- Sea salt – 10 gr
- 2-3 dried Bay leaves
- 3-4 Garlic cloves
- 2 large Eggs
- Organic All-purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Sea salt – 1/2 Tablespoon
How to make chicken noodle soup with egg noodles:
- First, place a washed chicken breast fillet into the pot. Add filtered water, about 1-1.5 qt for each fillet half. Bring to boil, remove the formed foam. Add salt and black pepper for taste. Reduce the heat to the lowest, cover the lid and cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the chicken breast.
- In a food processor combine 2 eggs, 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt, and 1 cup of flour. Pulse until a ball of dough forms. If the dough is sticky sprinkle some more flour and pulse. Roll the dough and cut thin noodles using a sharp knife. I used my mixer attachments to do the job.
- Shred the carrot, chop the onion. Saute the onion with ghee. Add carrots, saute until soft. Add to the soup.
- Cut the potato into thin strips. Wash and strain to remove the starchy coating.
- Separate the cooked chicken fillet into thin stripes.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Check for salt. Add more salt if needed, then add potatoes and chicken. Cook until the potatoes are half done.
- Add your homemade egg noodles. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Add 3-4 chopped garlic cloves and 2-3 bay leaves. Cover the lid and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
I used a 250g fillet and used half of the noodles I made using the above recipe. I dried the rest of the noodles for the next time.