How to make sour cream at home? You will need yogurt and cream to make delicious homemade sour cream.
How to make Sour Cream at Home
- 1 cup Heavy Cream (at least 35%);
- 2 Tablespoon of Plain Yogurt
How to make homemade sour cream:
- Mix yogurt and cream in a glass jar. Cover the jar with a coffee filter and tighten it with a rubber band, so the mixture can breathe but no dust or bugs can enter.
- Leave the mixture in a warm place for 6-8 hours. You can turn on the oven light and keep the jar in the oven. Or you can use the “Sous Vide” function of your Instant Pot, setting the temperature to 112F.
- After 6-8 hours of the fermentation process, mix the soured cream with a whisk and transfer it into the refrigerator. The sour cream will thicken in the cold.