How to stop mosquito bites from itching? (Mosquitos don’t bite, they sting, but that was the most searched keyword, soo had to use that one 😉 )
The below tips are the collection of tips that helped many people. However, some of them worked for me, and some of them didn’t. I will comment on them below.
How to stop mosquito bites from itching?
Tips for a quick mosquito bite relief:
- ✔️Place a spoon in boiling hot water, then pat on bites. Check the spoon first, it should not cause burns but must be hot enough. The heat destroys the protein formed in the bite and it also soothes the itching.
- ✔️Use a hairdryer to apply heat on the stung area, just be careful not to get a burn. I tried the hairdryer method myself successfully. It gets super itchy at first when the heat is applied but then the itching disappears really fast.
- ✔️Apply warm to hottish water to stop the itching straight away. I use this method quite often. It works!
- Use deodorant. Some people swear by this method, but I’ve never tried it. They say it stops the itch really quick.
- Dab a white vinegar on the bites, the itch disappears straight away (they say). Never tried it.
- Apply Colloidal silver
- Crushed plantain leaves. Apply Plantain on the sting to stop the itch. Crumble the plantain and squash it, then apply to the affected skin area. Plantains grow everywhere, so check your backyard.
- Apply a hand sanitizer with alcohol in it. Helps after applying a few times for me.
- Use Alcohol wipes
- Apply a baking soda paste. Some people swear by this method, but it doesn’t really help me. It may work for you.
- Witch hazel. Many people use it to stop mosquito bites from itching. Did not help me at all.
- Witch hazel and tea tree oil together
- Rub the inside of a banana peel to reduce the itching.
- Spray a hair spray to seal the bite, then it stops itching. Never tried this method (it sounds weird), but good to know when you have nothing else around.
- Wet the area and put salt as soon as possible
- Apply Listerine
- Rub a basil leaf
- Apple cider vinegar
- Rub an onion
- Apply Lavender oil
- Use Tea tree oil
- Lavender and peppermint essential oil together to stop the itch
- Aloe Vera
- Lemon juice from real lemons
- Rub a lemon peel
- Apply a toothpaste
- Rub a cucumber slice
- Use Vapor rub
- Apply coconut oil as soon as possible
- Apply anything with menthol
- Cold spoon or ice cubes applied on the bite mark. Cold doesn’t help me at all. Some people use this method and say it is effective 🤷♀️
Which method have you tried, and what helped you to stop the nasty mosquito stings from itching? Please, share below!