Do you want to learn how to get rid of pimples or acne quickly, even overnight? It is possible with a holistic DIY skincare routine that actually works (worked for me)! This routine may help you get rid of bad acne, severe acne, or even cystic acne. Keep in mind that pimples or small acne spots may go away overnight, but severe bad acne will take some time. However, this routine is the best one you will ever try.
Effective DIY Skincare Routine for Acne-Prone Skin or Cystic Acne
If you are dealing with serious cystic acne, consider adopting this special skincare routine. Here is how to do it:
- Stop using all commercial skincare products (except makeup to cover up the blemishes, if using).
- Inflammation causes acne scars like pits. To avoid them, start consuming anti-inflammatory foods or supplements to control inflammation. You can try drinking apple cider vinegar. Start slowly and increase up to two tablespoons a day. Mix one teaspoon to one tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar, about two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, raw honey for taste, and one cup of clean filtered water. Drink it in the morning at least 30 minutes before meals. If the taste is too strong, add some juice. Grape juice works best to cover up the taste.
- Use organic soap nuts face wash or only water to wash your face in the morning and before going to bed. Avoid using harsh cleansers or exfoliants. It’s best to wash your face with only water twice a day but wash only after applying the Honey and Banana mask (see #4).
- Every morning and evening, apply the Honey and Banana mask to your face for 30 minutes. They’re both anti-inflammatory and moisturizing. To prepare the mask, crush the banana with a spoon and stir in the honey. The more honey you add, the thicker the paste.
- Get the following products for zits, acne scar prevention, and moisturizer:
- DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) (for zits) – Apply this magic potion to your acne, day and night. DMSO zaps zits quickly and effectively. Purchase a low odor DMSO in a glass bottle. Clean the surrounding area and the area where the DMSO is applied since contaminants will also be absorbed through the skin and transported into the bloodstream in seconds. However, as long as you maintain good hygiene, there is no need to worry.
- Castor Oil (scar prevention) – This highly anti-inflammatory oil is known to break up scar tissues. Apply a thin coat of castor oil overnight. Then, in the morning, apply the Honey and Banana mask directly over the oil. Rinse off with water and blot dry.
- Rosehip Seed Oil (moisturizer) – This miracle concoction works wonders for sensitive skin and rejuvenates scar tissues. It’s the best moisturizer around, so you can wear it as your everyday moisturizer.
- Before starting to use DMSO, please, read more about its safety and handling it here: “DMSO: Safety, Handling, and Recipes“
I read through this page, httpss://organicbiomama.com/effective-diy-skincare-routine-for-acne-prone-skin-or-cystic-acne but you don’t give instructions on how to use DMSO for acne, how to and/or with what to dilute the DMSO. Please be so kind to share this with me. I am familiar with DMSO and use it for arthritis pain and use it as a skin product but I’m looking for a recipe to treat severe acne
For acne, I use undiluted DMSO. I just take an organic cotton swab and dip it in DMSO then apply it to the spots & leave overnight. It’s really effective! Especially, when I apply it over a vitamin C serum.