How to get rid of pimples or acne fast, or even overnight? Is it even possible? Yes, it is! In this post, you will find useful information about holistic DIY skincare routine for acne-prone skin or cystic acne that actually works! This DIY skincare routine regimen uses a holistic approach and may help you get rid of bad acne, severe acne, or even cystic acne. Keep in mind, that pimples or small acne spots may go away overnight, but severe bad acne will need some time. Still, this routine was the best I have tried so far.
Holistic DIY Skincare Routine for Acne-prone Skin or Cystic Acne
If you are breaking out with some serious cystic acne, consider adopting this special skin care routine.
Here is how:
1. Stop using all commercial skincare products (except makeup, to cover up the blemishes).
2. The thing that causes acne scars like pits is the inflammation. If you want to avoid acne scars, then start consuming anti-inflammatory foods and/or supplements to control the inflammation.
You can start drinking apple cider vinegar for this purpose. Start slowly, and increase up to 2 Tablespoons a day. As a start, mix 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon of organic Apple cider vinegar, about 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, raw honey for taste, and 1 cup of clean filtered water. Drink in the morning at least 30 minutes before meals. If the taste is too strong for you, add some juice. Grape juice works best to cover up the taste.
3. Use only water to wash your face in the morning and before going to bed.
Avoid using cleansers or exfoliants. Wash your face with only water twice a day, but wash only after applying the Honey and Banana mask (see #4). Or use organic soap nuts face wash.
4. Every morning and evening, apply Honey and Banana mask on your face for 30 minutes. They’re both anti-inflammatory and moisturizing.
To prepare the mask, simply crush the banana with a spoon and stir in the honey. More honey you add, thicker the paste.
5. Get the following products for Zits, acne Scar prevention, and Moisturizer:
* DMSO (Dimethyl Sulfoxide) (for zits) – I have never seen anything that zapped zits so quickly like DMSO, ever! So start applying this magic potion to your acne, day and night. Purchase a low odor DMSO in a glass bottle. Please, make sure to clean the surrounding area and the area where the DMSO is applied since contaminants will also be absorbed through the skin and transported into the bloodstream in seconds. However, as long as you maintain good hygiene, there is no need to worry.
* Castor Oil (scar prevention) – Castor oil should be used by everyone who suffers from acne. It’s highly anti-inflammatory and it’s also known to break up scar tissues. How cool is that? Wear a thin coat of Castor oil overnight. Then, in the morning, apply the Honey & Banana mask directly over the oil. Rinse off with water and blot dry.
* Rosehip Seed Oil (moisturizer) – Rosehip seed oil is a miracle concoction that works wonders for sensitive skin, also known to rejuvenate scar tissues. Also, it’s the best moisturizer around. Hence, you can wear it as your everyday moisturizer.
- Before starting to use DMSO, please, read more about handling it here: “DMSO: Safety, Handling, and Recipes“