This homemade calcium tea is good for children who are teething or undergoing growth spurts. The recipe author is Rosemary Gladstar, an herbalist and author of several books.
This tea tastes surprisingly good, and my children loved the taste.
Children’s High-Calcium Tea Recipe
- 3 parts Rosehips
- 2 parts Lemon balm
- 2 parts Lemongrass
- 2 parts Oatstraw
- 1 part Nettle
- 1 part Raspberry leaf
- 1/2-part Cinnamon
- A pinch of Stevia (optional)
- Combine the herbs and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- To make tea, boil 1 cup of water. Pour boiling water over 1 tablespoon of herb mixture. Cover and let steep for 30-60 minutes. Strain.
- Younger than 2 years: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- 2 – 4 years: 2 teaspoons
- 4 – 7 years: 1 tablespoon
- 7 – 11 years: 2 tablespoons
Recipe courtesy of Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes