This homemade calcium tea is good for children who are teething or undergoing growth spurts. The recipe author is Rosemary Gladstar, a herbalist and author of several books.
This tea tastes pretty good, and my children loved the taste.
Children’s High-Calcium Tea Recipe
- 3 parts Rosehips
- 2 parts Lemon balm
- 2 parts Lemongrass
- 2 parts Oatstraw
- 1 part Nettle
- 1 part Raspberry leaf
- 1/2 part Cinnamon
- A pinch of Stevia (optional)
- Combine the herbs and mix well. Store in an airtight container.
- To make a tea, boil 1 cup of water. Pour boiling water over 1 tablespoon of herb mixture. Cover and let steep for 30-60 minutes. Strain.
- Younger than 2 years: 1/2 to 1 teaspoon
- 2 – 4 years: 2 teaspoons
- 4 – 7 years: 1 tablespoon
- 7 – 11 years: 2 tablespoons
Recipe courtesy of Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes