These cassava flour cookies are very soft that will melt in your mouth and they do taste amazing. This gluten-free shortbread recipe is definitely a keeper. For me, these cassava flour cookies taste even better than regular glutenous cookies.
Cassava flour is non-allergenic flour which is easier to digest than some other types of flours or starches. It is a gluten-free flour which tastes closest to wheat flour. Cassava is rich in minerals and fiber. It’s good for the digestive system and heart health
These cassava flour cookies are egg free and gluten free.
CASSAVA FLOUR COOKIES – Gluten free Shortbread Recipe (AIP, Paleo)
- 2 cups Organic Cassava Flour
- 2/3 cup Organic Coconut sugar
- 228 grams (2 sticks) of Grass-fed Butter, softened
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
How to make cassava flour cookies:
- Mix softened butter with coconut sugar until well incorporated.
- Add almond extract and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water. Mix. Then add the remaining cup of flour.
- Make a dough with your hands.
- Divide the dough into two parts and wrap each part in a plastic wrap shaping a 2” log.
- Put the wrapped logs into the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Open the wraps and cut the log into round cookies using a knife or a thread. If the shapes are not round enough, shape each of them using your fingers.
- Place the cookies into a baking list covered with unbleached parchment paper and bake for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, take the cookies out of the oven and let completely cool down before consuming. The cookies will crumble a lot if you don’t let them cool first.
Other similar recipes: