Don’t like chicken breast? You will love it after you try this best baked chicken breast recipe. This baked chicken breast turns out super soft, tender and very fragrant.
BEST BAKED CHICKEN BREAST
Ingredients for soaking:
- 2 Chicken breasts (about 400 gr)
- Filtered water – 2 cups
- Celtic Sea Salt – 2-3 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Garlic – 2 pieces
- Nutmeg powder – 1/2 tsp
Tomato garlic sauce (optional):
- Organic Salsa – 50 – 100 g
- Apple cider vinegar – 25 gr
- Garlic – 2 pc
- Dried or fresh dill – 2 tsp
- Himalayan sea salt – 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
How to make the best baked chicken breast:
- The first thing we need to do is to add the salt to filtered water and boil them together. Let the water cool. Then pour the cooled salty water over washed chicken breast. Cover the bowl lid and place it to the fridge for at least 3 hours. I left it overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 410 F.
- After the soaking is done for at least 3 hours, take the chicken breasts out of the salty water and pat dry with paper towels, or let dry by itself on the air.
- Put the chicken breasts together and bind them with a kitchen thread to form a thick sausage.
- After that, make the marinade by mixing the honey, olive oil, paprika, turmeric, pressed garlic, and Muscat powder.
- When the marinade is ready, spread it over the chicken breast sausage we just made. Let it marinade for at least 30 minutes. I left it to marinate for several hours, just because I was not ready to cook it yet.
- When you are ready to cook it, wrap the chicken breast into a parchment paper. Wrap the parchment paper into an aluminum foil. You could use straight aluminum foil, but I didn’t want the aluminum to come into contact with my food while baking so I used parchment paper as a barrier.
- Place the chicken fillet into the preheated oven.
- After 25 minutes of baking, turn off the heat in the oven BUT do not open the oven door yet. Let the oven cool down first.
- When the oven cools down, get the baked chicken breast out.
- You can serve it hot or cold. It’s delicious in both ways.
- Serve with a tomato garlic sauce. To make it, simply mix the salsa, pressed garlic, apple cider vinegar, dill, black pepper, and alt.
You might be interested in this recipe too: Broiled Chicken Breast (Ready in minutes)