This vegan, sprouted, gluten-free yeast-free flatbread recipe using sprouted buckwheat, soaked brown rice and soaked millet is very simple, although it requires planning ahead. If you already plan your meals, planning will not be an issue.
The result is soft and delicious bread with high nutritional content. Try it and you’ll love it!
Vegan Sprouted Gluten-free Yeast-free Flatbread Recipe (using Buckwheat, Brown Rice, Millet)
- 1 cup of sprouted Organic Raw Buckwheat
- 1/2 cup of soaked Organic Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup of soaked Organic Hulled Millet
- 2 Tbsp of Organic Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of Coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
- 1/2 cup Filtered Water
- 1 tsp os Celtic Sea salt
- Optional: black pepper, paprika, dried thyme, basil, mint.
- Optional: sprouted pumpkin seeds or black seeds for garnish
Plan ahead. Sprouting buckwheat takes about 3 days. After it sprouts, you can rinse it and keep in the fridge until ready to use. Soak the millet for 24 hours using filtered water and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or whey. Soak the brown rice for 24 hours using filtered water and the water kept from previously soaked brown rice (about 10% previously soaked brown rice water and 90% filtered water).
1. Preheat the oven to 350-375 F. Place who cast-iron skillets into the oven.
2. Rinse all the soaked and sprouted grains well. Put rinsed grains, filtered water, and sea salt into a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add olive oil, optional spices, and optional dried herbs. Blend again.
4. Take the preheated cast-iron skillets out of the oven. Put 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil on each of them. Spread the melted coconut oil on the pan.
5. Pour half of the batter into an oiled skillet. Repeat with remaining batter.
6. Cook for 11-13 minutes.
7. Serve with meals, salads or eat as is.