This avocado mayonnaise recipe is my go-to recipe when I need some mayo for my culinary projects. It’s ready in two minutes, there are no tons of dishes to wash after making it, and it’s super easy to make.
This mayo recipe is hard to fail if you use an immersion blender and a glass jar the diameter of which is slightly wider than the head of the immersion blender. The head of the blender must be firmly planted against the bottom of the jar without movement until the oil and liquid start emulsifying and a mayonnaise starts to form.
I use avocado oil and MCT oil to make my homemade mayonnaise because these oils taste neutral.
Two-minute Avocado Mayonnaise Recipe
- 1 large Pastured Egg
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of Lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon Mustard (or 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard)
- 1 medium clove of Garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Avocado oil
- 1/4 cup MCT oil (or more Avocado oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Immersion blender
- 1 pint or larger Glass Jar
How to make avocado mayonnaise at home:
- Place egg, mustard, and lemon juice in the glass jar. Add minced garlic.
- Pour oils on top and allow the ingredients to settle for 15-20 seconds before starting blending.
- Place the head of the immersion blender at bottom of the jar and turn it on at high speed. Do not move the head, do not pulse. You can slowly tilt and lift the head until the oil emulsifies completely.
- Add salt and blend a little more.
- Cover the lid of the jar with mayo in it and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
If the mayonnaise does not form and is still watery, stop blending and let the mixture settle. Blend again after a few minutes.
Sometimes I use MCT oil or Flaxseed oil instead of Avocado oil.