This puff pastry recipe is quick and easy, so you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen trying to make it. This pastry is crispy, buttery, flaky, and so much better than store-bought puff pastry. You can use it to make any sweet or savory treats.
You will need very cold butter, flour, water, and a food processor to make it. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare the dough. Then you chill it for a couple of hours. That’s it! Amazingly simple.
Quick & Easy Puff Pastry Recipe
- Very cold butter, salted – 1 1/4 cup
- Very cold water – 1/2 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Organic Unbleached All-purpose flour – 2 cups
How to make easy quick puff pastry:
- Add flour and salt to the food processor bowl. Add 3/4 cup of cubed very cold butter. Pulse 10-12 times (one second, short pulses).
- Add the remaining cubed cold butter. Pulse two or three times to combine. Don’t pulse anymore.
- Add cold water. Pulse 4-5 times until the dough comes together. Do not over-process.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly approximately 10 times.
- Lightly flour the dough and roll it with a rolling pin into a rectangle (about 12 x 18 inches, or 30 x 45 cm).
- Fold the dough like an envelope, then fold it in half. Place the dough in a lightly floured glass container covering the lid tightly. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Now you can use the dough to make your favorite treats. You can store the sealed or wrapped dough in the refrigerator for several days. You can also freeze it for up to a month. Before using the frozen dough, let it thaw wrapped in the refrigerator overnight.