These oatmeal waffles are gluten-free and wheat-free. The below oatmeal waffle recipe requires no flour at all. By the way, I use sprouted oatmeal to make them.
The batter thickness can change depending on how much baking soda or baking powder you use. Add too much and you have spongy waffles. Follow the exact recipe, so the texture will be just right.
I experimented with different ingredient amounts just to see the difference. You can see how my batter turned out each time at the end of the video below.
Oatmeal Waffles – No Flour
1.5 cups of Oatmeal, I used organic sprouted Oatmeal
1 cup Milk, any kind (Coconut milk, Almond milk, etc)
2 large Eggs
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/4 vtsp Baking soda plus 2 tsp of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
5 Tbsp Melted Butter or Grass-fed Ghee
How to make oatmeal waffles:
- Preheat the waffle maker.
- Place oatmeal and milk into the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, and sea salt. Blend.
- Put 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda in a spoon or a little cup, then add 2 teaspoons of aple cider vinegar. The baking sdoa and the apple cider vinegar will bubble up immediately. Add this bubbly mixture into the blender. Blend.
- Add melted butter. Blend again.
- Oil the waffle maker plates with butter or avocado oil spray.
- Pour some batter onto the preheated waffle plate. Close with the second plate. Put the waffle maker upside down, so the batter covers the second plate as well. Waffles cook in 1-2 minutes or less. OR Cook your waffles according to your waffle maker instructions.
- Serve warm or freeze for later. You’ll have approximately 4 round waffles.