How to make homemade acne cream with tea tree oil? Easy peasy! This homemade acne cream recipe is perfect for sensitive skin which is prone to acne. This homemade lotion for acne prone skin has a minty and cool scent that lifts up the mood and gives you a fresh looking skin. The lotion contains tea tree essential oil and peppermint essential oils to reduce the production of os oil in your skin. It also contains Aloe Vera and witch hazel which soothes the irritation. This lotion also serves as a natural moisturizer for acne prone skin.
Homemade Acne Cream with Tea Tree Oil
Supplies for homemade acne cream with tea tree oil:
- Heat-safe glass cup
- Silicon spatula or wooden spatula
- 8 oz Glass jar to store the cream/lotion
- Wire whisk or a stick blender
Ingredients for homemade acne cream with tea tree oil:
- 1/2 cup of Jojoba oil or Grape seed oil
- 3 Tbsp of Emulsifying Wax
- 1 tsp of Stearic acid
- 1 tsp Natural Organic Vitamin E
- 1 cup of Organic Witch hazel or Distilled water
- 5 drops of Grapefruit seed extract
- 5 drops of Tea tree essential oil
- 1 tsp of Organic Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 tsp Germaben Natural Liquid Preservative
How to make homemade acne cream with tea tree oil:
- Get a heat-safe cup and add jojoba oil (or grapeseed oil), stearic acid and emulsifying wax in it. Mix them well.
- Prepare a water bath. To make a water bath, pour some water in a saucepan and place it on low heat on the stove. Place the heat-safe cup in that saucepan and stir the ingredients until they melt.
- After the ingredients have melted, take them off the stove. Add vitamin E to the mixture.
- Get another empty heat-safe cup. Pour the Aloe Vera and witch hazel into it. Stir.
- Place the cup with Aloe Vera and witch hazel in the water bath (in the saucepan filled with water). Make sure the water in the saucepan does not get inside the cup.
- After the Aloe Vera mixture gets lukewarm, add it to the oil mixture and whisk with a wire whisk (or use a stick blender) to mix them.
- Add in the essential oils, grapefruit seed extract. Mix well together.
- Add in the Germanex liquid preservative.
- After your homemade acne cream with tea tree oil is ready, pour it into a glass jar and let it cool prior to covering it with a lid.
You will have 8 oz of this homemade acne cream with tea tree oil. Store it in a cool, dark place for about two weeks. Don’t forget to shake well before applying it every time.
Use this homemade lotion for acne prone skin every morning after you cleanse and tone your skin. Apply a generous amount on the areas covered with acne. In addition, this homemade acne face lotion will also help get rid of the blackheads and pimples fast.