This beet salad with walnuts and mayo is one of my favorites. It’s full of nutrients and the taste is rich and creamy.
This beet salad is made with boiled beets, roasted or raw walnuts, fresh garlic, and mayonnaise. I use homemade mayo for this recipe. You can also add pitted prunes, but it’s optional.
You can use roasted walnuts or raw ones. The salad tastes better with freshly roasted walnuts.
I usually eyeball the ingredients, so they don’t have to be precise.
Beet Salad with Walnut and Mayo recipe
- 5 medium-sized Beets
- 50 gr Walnuts
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- Mayonnaise – 100 gr
- Dried Prunes (no pits) – 50 gr (optional)
How to make beet salad with walnuts and mayo:
- Boil the beets until soft. Check with a fork for softness. Let cool. Peel and julienne into thin stripes.
- Roast 50 gr of walnuts in the oven for 10 minutes (325 F). The salad tastes better with roasted walnuts, but if you want them raw, you don’t have to roast them.
- Prepare mayonnaise, if making homemade.
- Mix julienned beets, mayo, walnuts, and optional prunes. Press the garlic. Add salt as needed. Mix well.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.