The thyroid is a small gland in the neck. Thyroid glands produce hormones which signal the cells in the body to receive glucose and convert it into energy for activity, repair, and reproduction. When thyroid operates smoothly, so does the person. When it stops working the right way, multiple areas of our health can crash down.
Hypothyroidism is a condition when thyroid glands do not produce enough hormones. Hypothyroidism is an early-stage of Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
Thyroid problems are not brought by iodine deficiency and toxins accumulated in the glands, as believed widely. Hashimoto’s does not occur because of the immune system attacking itself. No. Our immune system does not attack our own organs. It’s a mistaken theory.
95% of today’s thyroid problems, including Hashimoto’s, stem from a viral infection by Epstein-Barr (EBV) virus and 5% of them come from radiation, says Anthony William, the author of “Medical Medium”.
Epstein-Barr virus weakens the thyroid, causing hypothyroidism. Then, as time passes, the virus causes inflammation of the thyroid leading to Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. The immune system goes after the intruder and works hard to protect you. The immune system does not attack you, it attacks the virus.
It takes about 3-18 months to destroy EBV virus in the body if you work on it.
Read more about getting rid of EPV here: “Healing from Epstein-Barr Virus” (coming soon)
Most Nourishing Foods for the Thyroid
The below-listed foods can kill EBV virus, repair thyroid tissue, and boost production of thyroid hormones.
Most healing foods for thyroid conditions (foods that can heal thyroid):
- Wild blueberries
- Hemp seeds
- Coconut oil
- Brasil nuts
- Atlantic dulse
Healing Medicinal Plants and Supplements for Thyroid Conditions
Most healing herbs and supplements for thyroid problems:
- Hawaiian Spirulina provides critical micronutrients for the thyroid
- Lemon balm kills EBV cells in the thyroid
- Licorice root kills EBV cells in the thyroid and supports the adrenal glands
- Bladderwrack provides iodine and trace minerals for the thyroid
- Siberian ginseng (Eleuthero) aids the adrenal glands
- Ashwagandha helps stabilize the endocrine system
- Bacopa monnieri supports the thyroid hormone production
- Zinc kills EBV cells and helps protect the endocrine system
- Chromium helps stabilize the endocrine system
- L-thyrosine helps increase the production of thyroid hormones
- Manganese is critical for the production of thyroid hormone T3
- Selenium helps the production of thyroid hormone T4
- Vitamin D3 stabilizes the immune system
- B-complex vitamins are essential for the whole endocrine system
- Magnesium helps stabilize the thyroid hormone T3
- Rubidium helps stabilize thyroid hormone production
- Copper kills EBV cells
- EPA & DHA fortifies the endocrine system and the nervous system. Use a plant-based version.