I believe in healing properties of the Fermented Cod Liver Oil (FCLO) because it helped to heal my 1-year-old child’s cavity which was behind one of his front teeth in just two weeks. I was beyond amazed!!
The problem is my kids HATE cod liver oil in any form. It was easier when they were younger, but now they just refuse to take it and run away when they see me with a spoon. I don’t like forcing. Explaining is not an option as they are still very young to explain that this strong tasting oil is good for their health.
I decided to make Gummies with fermented cod liver oil & butter oil hoping they would take it. I found a recipe in Crunchy Hot Mama‘s blog which I changed making it to fit my own preferences. It was very yummy, but it still had cod liver oil smell, so my oldest did not even want to try it. But my little one liked it!
UPDATE: The above story was before I “invented” a new Cod Liver Oil Blend which my kids LOVE now and ask me for it every day!
Why Fermented Cod Liver Oil (FCLO) and High-Vitamin Butter Oil (HVBO)?
Fermented cod liver oil (FCLO) is a super food which is naturally very rich in vitamins A and D, high in EPA, DHA, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
It is especially beneficial to take FCLO (Fermented Cod Liver Oil) along with High-Vitamin grass-fed (pastured) Butter oil, which has essential components like Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), Wulzen factor (supports joint health), Butyric acid (soothes intestinal wall), Arachidonic acid (AA), Omega-6 fatty acid, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin K2, vitamin E, and CoQ enzymes.
When FCLO and High-Vitamin Butter Oil (HVBO) is taken together, they provide proper essential fatty acid balance and better utilization. The author of the book “Cure Tooth Decay” Ramiel Nagel highly recommends this combination for teeth remineralization.
Weston Price Foundation recommends 1/8-1/2 teaspoon of FCLO for children (3 months-12 years), where 1/2 teaspoon equals to 2.5 ml. The blend proportion is about 2/3 FCLO and 1/3 HVBO.
- 1/3 cup fresh Orange Juice
- 2 tbsp of kosher Gelatin
- 2 tbsp of Raw Honey
- 2 tbsp of Cinnamon flavored FCLO (Fermented Cod Liver Oil)
- A half capsule of Sunflower Lecithin (emulsifier)
- 1 tbsp of High-vitamin Butter oil
- Mix 1/3 cup fresh orange juice with 2 tbsp of kosher gelatin in a double boiler bowl. Heat them over a low heat until the gelatin is melted and incorporated with juice. Mixture should not be scalding hot. Heating is needed to melt the gelatin.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tbsp of raw honey. Mix well.
- Make sure the mixture is warm not hot and add 2 tbsp of Cinnamon flavored FCLO, a half capsule of sunflower lecithin as an emulsifier, and 1 tbsp of butter oil. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared molds. Let cool.
- The amount will make 12 servings, so count your gellies and decide how many you give a day. 1 serving equals to 1/2 tsp FCLO and 1/4 tsp HVBO.
- Keep in the fridge & consume within 2 weeks.