This is my favorite way of cooking veggies. Vegetables are not overcooked, still crispy, juicy and very yummy.
You can chose any vegetables you like: tomatoes, onions, sweet pepper, zucchini, …anything. I like broiled sweet peppers, zucchini, onions, and tomatoes the most.
- Vegetables (ex: Sweet Pepper, Zucchini, Onion, Tomato)
- Sea salt
- Olive oil (extra virgin)
- Turmeric (optional)
- Turn on the broiler (high heat). The wire sheet where you place the pan with veggies needs to be 6'' away from the fire or heat source.
- Cut the vegetables into big chunks, slice the zucchini if using, Put them in a bowl.
- Poor some olive oil over sliced and cut veggies. We only need little.
- Sprinkle sea salt, pepper and optional turmeric. Mix.
- The veggies are now covered with oil and spices.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet.
- Broil about 3-6 minutes, then flip and broil another 2-3 minutes.
- Check often so that the veggies do not burn. Tomatoes cook faster.